DH3 – Dhekelia Hash House Harriers
Dhekelia H3 was founded in January 1967, just beating Sydney to it as the first hash outside Malaysia/Singapore.
The then Deputy commander British Forces in Cyprus, Gris Davies Scourfield, was approached by one of his junior officers (believed to be Ray Thornton) and asked if it would be possible to set up a hash at Dhekelia. Gris replied that not only was it possible, but that he would run in it and be the first On Pres!
- DH3 welcomes both runners and walkers and, generally, has trails for both
- The hash runs on a Wednesday
- Runs last around an hour
- Runs take typically takes place within 15 miles of Dhekelia
- Current hash fees are €3 per person
- Winter runs begin at 4pm, spring and autumn runs at 5pm, summer runs at 6pm
New hashers, either experienced or brand new to hashing, are always very welcome.